I’m pretty sure a broken mirror is not gonna give me seven years of bad luck, I’m not that pessimistic and I don’t believe in such things; the only thing this broken mirror has given me so far is today’s photo, a self-portrait; and probably I’ll use some of these pieces to make something for my room 🙂
I also wanted to share this; I got an award “The heart on fire award” from Naomi Baltuck, she’s doing a great work in the “Photo weekly challenge” posting amazing pictures and great stories; I enjoy a lot reading her blog because of the way she writes. Thank you very much Naomi, and keep up the great work!
In order to keep the award, you need to share seven facts about yourself; so, here you go:
1. This one fits perfectly with the photo, I’m not a superstitious person, I do not avoid walking under a ladder, looking at black cats, spilling salt, or believe that breaking a mirror is gonna give me 7 years of bad luck; honestly I’ve broken a few in my entire life and so far I haven’t been unlucky.
2. When I was a little kid I used to watch the news instead of cartoons.
3. I don’t get afraid easily, but there is something that freaks me out: An earthquake.
4. I’ve never been a sporty guy. As I’m tall (1,87 cm) I was invited by the basketball trainer of high school to join the team; I went to train with them once and never went back because I didn’t like it; I don’t like football either; I only like tennis and actually, badminton, they are fun although I don’t practice them often. The only thing I do often is working out in the gym, and sometimes riding my bike.
5. I like to read, to write, to observe, to photograph, to think, to listen to music, to dream, to make up stories, to look at the rain, to be alone, to be surrounded by people, the snow, the sun, the colors, the reflections, .. and so on.
6. I like going to bed late, it doesn’t give me any trouble for getting up early; and I don’t nap!
7. I’ve never been the cool or the popular guy, and I don’t want to; I just go my own way
Check these blogs out, they capture in their photos things that some people don’t pay attention.
Feel free to leave feedback, critiques or suggestions.
Estoy muy seguro que un espejo roto no me va a dar 7 años de mala suerte, no soy tan pesimista, y para ser honesto, no soy nada supersticioso; lo único que me ha dado este espejo hasta ahora son unas fotos:
Eestuve un buen tiempo organizando las piezas hasta llegar a una forma que me gustara, y luego empecé a experimentar con diferentes ángulos y cosas a reflejar, pero ésta fue mi elección, un autoretrato.
Posiblemente las piezas del espejo roto sean útiles más adelante para hacer algo en mi cuarto; un mosaico o un cuadro; cuándo tenga algo listo les cuento 🙂
Críticas, comentarios y/o sugerencias son bienvenidas.